Terms of Business
ENTERTAINMENT BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Best Acts normally operates as an Employment Agency and acts as a legal witness that a contract exists between the named parties.
2) Contracts are issued as confirmation of a verbal agreement between the artiste or act and management/ booker listed on the booking contract.
3) Verbal agreements are legally binding in accordance with Scottish law. Non-signature is not sufficient to cancel the booking agreement.
4) From the date of an agreement, you have 14 days to confirm or cancel the agreement as follows:-
a) a 15% deposit is due within 14 days of booking.
b) You have the right to cancel the agreement in writing within 14 days.
c) The contract does not provide for cancellation unless agreed by all concerned parties. Cancellations will BY LAW incur a fee of up to 100%
d) If a cancellation is made within 1 month of the engagement, the booker/ venue will be liable to pay 100% of the remaining balance
e) If a cancellation is made within 3 months of the engagement, the booker/ venue will be liable to pay 50% of the remaining balance
f) If a cancellation is agreed outside of 3 months, we reserve the right to charge 15% against the cancelling party to cover costs incurred
5) Best Acts are not responsible for non-fulfilment of contract by either party but every reasonable safeguard is assured
6) The management and artiste agree that any FUTURE BOOKINGS arising from this engagement either directly or indirectly, within 18 MONTHS of the last performance date on this agreement, shall be negotiated through Best Acts.
7) Failure by the act to adhere to performance times gives the booker grounds to reduce the agreed fee or refuse payment depending on circumstances
involved and Best Acts cannot be held responsible for changes to payment as a result of breach of contract.
8) Acts should ensure they have all relevant licences in place including ProDub for backing tracks & equipment must have current PAT certificate.
9) In the event of illness or accident resulting in the artiste being unable to fulfill the engagement, immediate contact must be made with the management and a medical certificate or appropriate third party certification submitted within 5 working days.
10) It is the responsibility of the principles to this agreement to ensure they have adequate public liability insurance and safety documentation.
11) The booker have the responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of the booked act/ artist whilst performing at your venue/ event.
12) The booker is responsible for providing a suitable area to perform and lockable changing area or room inaccessible to public.
13) Toilets are totally unacceptable as a changing area for all performers.
14) Where Best Acts operates as an Employment Business or Act Management, the following amendments and additions apply to section 4 above
a) a 20% deposit is due within 14 days of booking.
f) If a cancellation is agreed outside of 3 months, we reserve the right to charge 20% against the cancelling party to cover costs incurred
g) When Best Acts receives full payment on behalf of the act, the balance must be paid IN FULL via BACS/ bank transfer to "Best Acts Management - Client Account" at least 5 working days before the performance date.