Introducing Gary Wilson Entertainer – A man of many talents!
Compere. Comedian. Host. Master of Ceremonies& Toastmaster. Event Planner
Over 25 years’ experience – and a lifetime of service!
“One of Northern Irelands best loved and most respected entertainers”
Compere – “Someone who introduces acts on a show”. Gary has had the pleasure to introduce acts from all over the World at all types of concerts, theatre shows, festivalsandmany other events. Gary goes the extra mile to find out about the act and ensures they get a good introduction – and maybe a yarn or two, or an appropriate anecdote thrown in to fill a gap if needed! Having acted as compere in the Ulster Hall Belfast, The Waterfront Hall Belfast and numerous other venues Gary has a great skill at keeping things moving and on time. Gary has also acted as compere and announcer at many open-air events and exhibitions.
·Comedian –“An entertainer on stage or television whose act is designed to make an audience laugh”. Gary is sure to tickle any funny bone with his quick-fire delivery, audience interaction and warm charm. His family friendly clean material is always topical and up to date. He can light up any room with his stories and jokes about life, love, money, marriage and anything in between! Having appeared in every local theatre in Northern Ireland and numerous venues in every County in Northern Ireland, Gary has also had them laughing in Blackpool, Spain, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and his best-selling CD and DVD gets the giggles going in many homes!
Gary has also taken his giggle machine on the high seas and performs as a guest comedian on board cruise ships – “entertaining guests from all over the world - all over the world!”
·Host – “One who entertains in a social or official capacity” Gary has been entrusted to host numerous events over the years. These include award ceremonies, exhibitions, fashion shows, charity events, various receptions and more. Meeting, greeting and ensuring the event runs smoothly are second nature to Gary who can put your guests at ease and help them enjoy your special event.
·Master of Ceremonies and Toastmaster – “A specialist in ceremonial, protocol and etiquette who ensures any special event runs professionally and without hitch. A person responsible for proposing toasts, introducing speakers, and making other formal announcements at a large social event.”. Whether in Toastmaster red tailcoat, morning dress or dinner jacket Gary will go about his duties in an unobtrusive but effective manner to ensure the smooth running of any event. Having been privileged to act as MC at some of Northern Irelands most prestigious events that have been attended by representatives of Royalty, Prime Ministers, church leaders and other leading figures from around the world Gary is seen as a safe pair of hands to have on board.
· Event Planner –“Someone who coordinates all aspects of professional meetings, events and activities”. Gary has 25 years’ experience planning, coordinating and delivering successful events. Whether it’s a major open-air event, an awards ceremony, a concert or show he will ensure nothing is left to chance and every detail is delivered professionally for you the client. Gary can plan your event or special occasion from start to finish - Acts, Venue, PR or anything else required. As an accomplished fundraiser and auctioneer Gary’s skills and enthusiasm have helped many charities and organisations over the years.
Hilarious, Adaptable, Professional, Talented, Funny and Reliable– are just some words that have been used to describe Gary over the years.
Gary is available for any of the afore-mentioned duties or services - Distance no object!
· “Gary is a young Frank Carson!” – Alan Simpson (former BBC radio presenter).
· “He is one of the funniest guys around” – John McNichol ( Irish country singer).
· “Gary is a true professional who can get laughs galore” – The Alexander Brothers (musicians).
· “A brilliant entertainer and proper MC” – Hugo Duncan (BBC broadcaster and singer).
· “Always a pleasure to share the stage with Gary” – Philomena Begley (Singer).
· “What about this fella – he is very funny!” – Jimmy Cricket (Comedian).
· “The mans a laughaholic!” - Charlie Lawson (Coronation St Actor).
· “He brought a great sense of calm, fun& decorum to our event” -Roy Crawford (Enniskillen Rotary Club).
· “Outstanding professional. Brought a sense of solemnity to the event”- BreegeMcCusker (Historian).
· “A great organiser of affairs!” - Dame Joan Bakewell (author and broadcaster).
· “Gary really made the evening with his ability to ensure everyone in the audience enjoyed themselves was effortless” Brian Bloomfield MBE (Mayor of Lisburn and Castlereagh Borough Council).
· “Gary’s bubbly personality and wit shone through for the entire Ulster at War performance in The Waterfront hall- a true professional on stage!” David Forsey(Regional director ABF- The soldiers charity).
· “Gary has been the host, compere and comedian for the last 10 years at my Fanfayre holiday and I would not think of anyone else to do the job as well. Even when not on stage he takes time to engage with the guests from all over the UK and Ireland and ensure they are enjoying themselves at all times- from breakfast to bedtime!” Curtis Magee (Irishcountry singer and recording artist).